Health - For You and Your Parents
- Spondylitis Association of America - Provides information on spondylitis including treatment, diagnosis, symptoms, medications, and patient support as well as brochures and educational materials on ankylosing spondylitis and related diseases.
- TeensHealth - Brought to you by Nemours, one of the nation's largest health systems for young people. This site was created for teens looking for honest, accurate information and advice about health, relationships, and growing up.
- Health Information for Teens - Brought to you by the US Food and Drug Administration and contains health information for teens.
- National Dissemination
Center for Children with Disabilities - NICHCY is a national information clearinghouse providing services to parents, educators, caregivers, advocates and others working to improve the lives of young people with disabling conditions. Also available in Spanish.
- BAM! - Body and Mind - Geared towards younger teens and children, and based on two years of market research and development with teachers, students, scientists, and communications professionals, this Body and Mind (BAM) site is an interactive tool for adolescents, providing up-to-date information and encouragement to increase their level of physical activity and establish fitness habits that will stay with them for life.
- Powerful Girls Have Powerful Bones - This site helps girls build strong bones by providing fun and interesting information on what foods have calcium and what activities are good for young girls' bones and body.
- Bone Builders - This is an osteoporosis program for girls and young women. Adult leaders interested in presenting the program in their community can receive a training manual through this web site.
- RXList - This site provides fast, reliable information about over-the-counter and prescription medications to both the consumer and medical professional. Some alternative drugs are also included.
- United States Pharmacopeia - USP helps to ensure that consumers receive quality medicines by establishing state-of-the-art standards that pharmaceutical manufacturers must meet. It provides standards for more than 3,800 medicines, dietary supplements, and other health care products.
For More Information
Questions or Comments